Raiser's Edge Ideas has moved!

Allow to move gift to another record.

It would be handy to be able to move gift to another record. Sometimes it's been recorded in error. I know how to merge records only selecting "gifts" option; but this only works if there is 1 gift in constituent record. Now I need to move just one of other existing gifts.

2,209 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Olga shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dana Brown commented  · 

Please make this available. I can't believe it isn't available yet.

• Frannie commented  · 

After commiting a batch I found out that one of the gifts was made to the wrong constituent. Can I just delete gift from wrong constituent and apply the gift on "correct" constituent's record?

• Katherine commented  · 

Yes please add this option would be a huge help for correcting data entry errors.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This feature would be fantastic, we often have it where gifts are processed to the wrong constituent and then has to be adjusted and re-entered

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would also find this useful. and being able to preserve the gift import ID would be important for our organisation too

• Marci Makin commented  · 

I agree. This would be tremendously helpful!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be a HUGE asset to the program. I can't tell you the number of times I have had to delete gifts and move them because they were incorrectly added to an incorrect record. It is always day(s) after the fact and then we loose all the data entry history.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would vote for this a million times if I could. I also have this issue for unidentified stock -- but gift processing error as well. And yes through adjustment with an audit trail.

• Debra Holcomb commented  · 

This would be very helpful for unidentified stock gifts. The donor usually speaks up when he/she need the tax receipt, but in the meantime the gift is entered under an "Unknown Stock" record.

• Teddi Taylor commented  · 

Yes, through adjustment, with an audit trail, please!

• Nicole commented  · 

Adding my voice to the chorus. Please add this functionality!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This should be totally feasible if we have the ability to merge constituents as well. It could work much the same way, where the user highlights a Gift, then goes up to the menu bar to select the option to move the gift to a new record. Copying gifts from one record to another is a time-consuming, tedious process that leaves a lot of room for user error.

• Christine McMinn commented  · 

I would like this to have functionality like the Adjustment feature, so that there is a trail showing where the gift was originally and why it was moved. But, this would be HUGE when internal errors are made (or when you find out after the fact that spouses want their giving to be separate!).

• Catherine Burns commented  · 

I agree, this would be useful for us when we get a donation without sufficient information to know who it came from so we enter it on our "anon" record. Sometimes a donor then phones us and provides sufficient info to identify themselves as the donor and I would like to move the gift from Anon to their record without having to recreate the gift.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. It would be nice to have a option - move all gits or selected gifts.

• Chandra commented  · 

I agree with all other comments. I wish we had the ability to change the donor's name on a gift. That would help - instead of importing, merging, etc. This way the batch information stays intact. I'm sure there's a way to do that Blackbaud...please?

• Judy Minder commented  · 

I likewise think this would be a handy feature. Years ago I used a software where you could do this exact thing. It was an easier way of correcting a data-entry error.

← Previous 1 3 4

Raiser's Edge Discovery Topics

Feedback and Knowledge Base