Raiser's Edge Ideas has moved!

Centralize Letters

Create a single, centralized repository for uploading merge letters to Raiser's Edge. It is outrageous to have to upload an updated merge letter 4+ times to be able to be able to access it from different areas of RE. A single repository that allows users to select where and how it is implemented would greatly increase efficiency.

798 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    pnacjoe shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ecruz commented  · 

This would be huge! We ran into a letter not being pulled correctly because of a minor change in letters that would have been avoided had they all been in one place. Very frustrating and would be so much easier this way!

• Heather MacKenzie commented  · 

and why do I have to have a gift marked as unacknowledged to be able to edit letters in the Mail module? I should be able to get into the letters to edit them, in my conditional merge, without having to go through the whole process.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed! Please make this easier/more efficient!

• Heather MacKenzie commented  · 

My office is just starting to utilize the mail module, and having to update our letters in both the Config and Mail areas to update our letters is too much work for the manpower in our office. Having one single area in RE to use letters from for Actions, Gifts, Other Letters, Export, and Mail would be fabulous!

• Anna Warner commented  · 

It would be so helpful if the location for the letters would allow you to edit them there as events and seasons change as well!

• Katherine Popowich commented  · 

Yes please have only 1 location for all letters this will prevent having to change letters constantly when you need to do a correction or edit, such a pain!!!!!

• Danielle Porter commented  · 

This! Letters are entirely too time consuming and, while I love RE, almost every other platform does this better. I don't understand why you have to create an export of a letter to include it in the gift entry, but that same letter is not used in Mail. Moreover, if you actually run the export of that letter, it does not mark the gifts acknowledged. But when you run the letters in Mail, they are. Instead of creating the letters twice, I tried to just run them through the export, but then you have to constantly update the corresponding query, and then go back and mark the gifts acknowledged. Very frustrating. If I could change anything about RE, it would be this.

• Angela commented  · 

This is exactly what I came here to suggest! In addition to everything that has already been said, I just joined a new organization and need a place to open and edit all of the letters WITHOUT creating new ones to make sure they are updated and have my contact information. Also, I would love to be able to see what letters already exists (since some letter codes are connected to non-existent letters...)

• Sarah Stout commented  · 

Letter codes and mail should be more integrated -- the separation is confusing and creates too many redundant requirements.

• Alice Black commented  · 

A basic database tool is to allow editing of letters within the system. There are comments all over the web and users very disgruntled that this is not a basic function. I cannot believe that RE does not offer this option since eTapestry does as a standard tool. Please fix!

• David Wanless commented  · 

Absolutely agree, and especially that they be able to be edited directly from configuration, not just by faking a gift and going through the receipting process.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Letter templates should be accessible to create, edit, mark inactive and/or delete from configuration. It is not logical that you can only edit letters from the back end. Mail and configuration need to be linked and talk to one another.

• Meiling Kimmel commented  · 

Also to be able to edit these letters outside of the Mail function. This is especially irksome with Acknowledgement Letters when all gifts are marked as acknowledged and you have to falsely mark a gift as not acknowledge just to edit the letter.

• BLund commented  · 

Yes, please!!!

• Cindy Berg commented  · 

I agree. There should be a way to have the same headers for letters. It is a pain to have to create several versions. It is hard to explain it to others that do not know the process.

• Nancy Whitmore commented  · 

The current process of needing to set up the letters in multiple areas is very time consuming. Amen to one place for letters.

← Previous 1

Raiser's Edge Discovery Topics

Feedback and Knowledge Base