Raiser's Edge Ideas has moved!

Give all windows that open when working RE the ability to be maximized

Very frustrating when working and unable to see all of data in field on screen due to small size of window.
Window at least needs to be large enough to see all of data. Would like option to set a default size

1,484 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JoAnn S shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ali Khan commented  · 

At least make it double of the current view size

• Marianne commented  · 

I want to maximize validation reports w/o using the mouse. There is an option to do this with preview reports, but it doesn't apply to validation report. If you primarily use your keyboard this really cramps your style. Since they've already programmed it for one report, it shouldn't be difficult.

• Anonymous commented  · 

New query > Criteria > Primary Alumni Information > Subject of study > one of
        Again, we have several hundred subjects, and the window to view them is tiny - I can only view a list of 7, and I have to scroll left and right as well.

• ecruz commented  · 

Juul, That is truly unfortunate. Does anyone know of anything that can get this escalated to Blackbaud? Sorry for the questions. Still new to this whole process.

• Juul Mulder commented  · 

Unfortunately what Anonymous said is not entirely true. It has not been since 2012, but at least since 2007 that people complained to Blackbaud about this. Eight years and still no developer can be found to fix this relatively simple issue? Blackbaud should be ashamed about itself for the lack of development being done on Raiser's Edge.

• ecruz commented  · 

Agree with whomever posted anonymously. Perhaps if we keep the comments coming and boost votes we can get someone's attention at Blackbaud?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Any update on this? It's been since 2012 and has a decent amount of votes. It's very helpful to have all boxes maximise especially in Query. Should be a very simple thing for a developer

• Ashley Holm commented  · 

I'm sure this has been said before, but the ability to maximize windows within Query would be helpful (e.g., selecting "one of" funds, appeals, and so forth)

• Cerys Heath commented  · 

I would love this. Two situations I encountered just today where this was a problem:

New Dashboard Panel > Fund Summary > Select Funds to include
        We have several hundred funds and it would be much easier to select the right ones if I could view more than 7 at a time.

New query > Criteria > Primary Alumni Information > Subject of study > one of
        Again, we have several hundred subjects, and the window to view them is tiny - I can only view a list of 7, and I have to scroll left and right as well.

Criteria > "One of" in general is a place where having bigger windows would be really helpful.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Especially the Matching gift pledge box. It's very hard to work with, when there are a plethora of pledges attached to the organization and you are trying to pay off the pledges.

• Andrea commented  · 

One huge example where this is detrimental is in Membership Categories within Config. It is so time consuming to work here since the entries cannot be expanded when they are opened!

• Art Bryman, bCRE commented  · 

"Very odd that it can't" is Blackbaud's middle name...

• Tom Wright commented  · 

This is an old thread, but it'd be great to be able to maximise proposal records. Our workflow means that our users spend a lot of time here. Very odd that it can't be maximised already.

• Kerry commented  · 

Query with operator 'One of' windows, major one for me is the Education Degree! My life would have significantly less stress if this was fixed ;P

+1 to Ron's comment. How long has RE7 been out and something so simple yet has a major impact is still not fixed.

• Melissa Graves commented  · 

I am certain that with this many votes - this suggestion will only get implemented if people start using the comments to suggest specific windows they want done first. - Come on people, you can do it!

• Leila commented  · 

I agree, completely. Very frustrated with the small window. I constantly have to re-size to work in effectively. Should be able to set it to my liking and never have to reset again.

• Nicole S. commented  · 

I often find that I can maximize windows that I don't need and can't maximize windows that I do :/

I don't know what it's called, but sometimes I'd like to open up the text fields in some windows - like the address lines on BIO1-- shows only 2 lines, I have to click in it to see more.

• JoAnn commented  · 

Ability to maximize - Include window for solicitor performance analysis report - trying to scroll through a long solicitor list in the small window is extremely frustrating even when they are in teams!

• Vicki Egesdal commented  · 

It would be useful when entering address information - I can't see all the fields for phone numbers without manually widening the window.

← Previous 1

Raiser's Edge Discovery Topics

Feedback and Knowledge Base