Raiser's Edge Ideas has moved!

Same summary fields in export as you have in query.

Same summary fields in export as you have in query. For example, total receipt amount in available in query but not in export.

820 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Leah RossLeah Ross shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I created a great query to build a report in Crystal on YTD and FYE fund summaries. I go to Export to create a Fund Export to output the file for a report in Crystal and couldn't believe the Summary fields in the query are not also available in the Export.

I would be most grateful to see Summary fields available in Fund Exports.

Thank you.

• Megan Malone-FranklinMegan Malone-Franklin commented  · 

Echoing others, it would make so much sense for the fields in query, export, and mail to all match. Something I'm missing right now is the ability to export tribute acknowledgee name/address. Shows up in query but not export.

• Andy JippingAndy Jipping commented  · 

I work with a Habitat for Humanity affiliate and I would love to see some summaries for volunteerism. Like a way to query on constituents with XX total hours, or XX number of timesheets

• Tom WrightTom Wright commented  · 

I think this would be a great move for consistencies sake, but would personally go further and suggest that all fields pertaining to child records (e.g. gifts) be available for aggregation.

Rather than bloating the list of available summaries, I'd suggest that this be triggered whenever a child record field is added to the query.

When I select gift amount in the output (for instance) I should be presented with some options: 1) Current behaviour - a row for each gift 2) Choose an aggregate function. These could include mean (average), median, min, max, count, etc.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like "consecutive number of years given" to be added to the export fields. Thanks!

• Jan PallettJan Pallett commented  · 

But I also do agree with many of the comments below regarding consistency throughout RE - if we have a field in Query, it surely makes it logical to have it in Mail and Export. You have a look at something in Query to make sure you've got the right criteria, info and so on only to find that you can't get out what you need when you want to do something with the data.

• Jan PallettJan Pallett commented  · 

Total Receipt Amount field would be the one we would most use, as we utilise the Receipt Amount field to record the gross donation from our online givers (Just Giving, Virgin Money Giving), whilst we use the gift amount for the net amount received in the bank. As many online givers are long-term fundraisers such as overseas trekkers, marathon runners etc we do not thank them until the end of their event or when their page closes for their total amount raised.

• Teddi TaylorTeddi Taylor commented  · 

If Blackbaud is going to improve the summary information in Export, I would like to see the ability to export multiple Total Constituency Codes with different criteria (this functionality is available for other Summary fields), as well as increase filtering functionality for relationship summary fields (specifically Total Individual Relationships, but I can see how the functionality could be useful for other relationship summary fields), including:
        a way to choose a current relationship (one with any start date, but no end date, and excluding relationships with an end date prior to today)
        a way to choose a current Class Of for the individual
        allowing the classes that we have entered in our system to populate the Class Of list or adding the option of filtering by the education status table. I am trying to differentiate between current students relationships and alumni relationships. I added the class of 9999 to current students, but it is not available as a class option in Export.

• Alan ColeAlan Cole commented  · 

I have not necessarily run into many instances where this has been a problem, but here are a few examples the constituent query/export which I would like to see addressed:
        • Summary Gift Fields
        o Pledge Balance (available in query, but not export)
        o Total Receipt Amount (available in query, but not export)
        • Assigned Solicitor Fields
        o Appeal (available in query, but not export)
        o Appeal ID (available in query, but not export)
        o Total Assigned Solicitors (available in query, but not export)

• Nancy WhitmoreNancy Whitmore commented  · 

When I need to run a report for tax purposes for a donor and want to combine them, the receipt amount is the amount the donor can use for tax deductions. Adding this field in Export would assist with reporting

• TeresaTeresa commented  · 

Jenn, I agree also that everything that can be output in query, also be available for output in Export. It will save a lot of time.

• Karen DienerKaren Diener commented  · 

Let's think outside of the box. I agree that the summary fields in one should be available in the other, but what other summary fields would be helpful that don't exist anywhere? Jenn asked me this yesterday and it made me very excited to think of the possibilities! Wish lists, of course, but I'm sure there are some needs out there!

• PedroPedro commented  · 

Jenn, Kevin DeCloux mentioned in the comments "Same Summary Fields in Export as Query". I think most would prefer that everything that can be output in query, also be available for output in Export. The summary fields allow us to aggregate data, and without which, adding in a column to (for example) state the total value of someone's gifts involves either pivottables, or Access aggregation, or exporting an additional query. It's tedious and time-consuming.

• Melissa GravesMelissa Graves commented  · 

Anonymous - this suggestion is limited to summary fields - not all fields in Export. You may want to add your votes and comments to another suggestion, or create one if one does not exist. I would hate for your request to go undone because BB corrects the summary fields only.

• Richard HughesRichard Hughes commented  · 

I need to export "Gift instalments ending on" as per the query. Please make it so..

• Kelly CoffeyKelly Coffey commented  · 

"Total Given" is an option under summary information in a fund query, but not a fund export.

• Melissa GravesMelissa Graves commented  · 

Anonymous - this suggestion is in relation to summary fields, which are a specific set of fields in export which summarize information. If you want this field added to export, you may want to add it to another suggestion or create a new suggestion if an appropriate one does not exist.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The Constituent Code for a relationship would be very helpful in an export

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base