Raiser's Edge Ideas has moved!

Add Properties info (date added/changed, userid added/last changed for entries like Solicit codes and Constituent Attributes

We cannot tell who has added a solicit code, Constituent code nor Constituent Attribute as there is no properties info.

1,168 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rose Kelly shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lisa Fields commented  · 

I agree. Raisers Edge really need to incorporate properties into all areas to accomodate these new rules.

• Jessica Pionke commented  · 

Bridget Passmore, what fundraising regulations are you referring to? I've been caught up in year-end activity and must have missed the memo!

• Bridget Passmore commented  · 

In light of the new fundraising regulations coming into force, I think it will be essential to date stamp solicit codes and constituent codes in particular and hope that this will be included in an upgrade very soon.

• Mark Lennon commented  · 

Can I add to this suggestion that it would be extremely helpful for RE to also have somewhere to record Data Source for audit so that it is possible to tell not just who updated a record and when but also why.

This field currently only exists for addresses but should be available for all biographical data in order for there to be a reliable log of how personal information was collected.

• Ryan commented  · 

The audit trail in RE is just abysmal. This very moment I'm trying to pull a direct mail suppression file, and one of the requested parameters is anyone who was marked deceased since the date of the original suppression file (this is a Holiday mailing list - we do a 2nd mailing a month after the first mailing based on the same original list). However, I can't reliably do this! We don't always know the actual date of death, and if we don't know it, we don't put it in, but I can't query on when the "deceased" checkbox was activated.

So instead I export every deceased record, just to be sure, and I'm surely wasting time in this export, as literally thousands of records are being pulled that don't really need to be.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Why in the world can we not have auditing features. This is usually available in any database and it's just not being made available. Add-ons are great, however, for the folks that are hosted, this doesn't seem to be available.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Logging and history should be available in all of RE. It's frustrating not knowing who updated information. If they don't add a note, we don't know why it was done. And I don't think we should have to purchase some other tool to use for logging and auditing. It probably wouldn't work for hosted customers anyway.

• Heidi Saperstein commented  · 

It is nerve-wracking to not know who changed any given screen last. Adding property information to each screen would be great. Currently, we add a reason note to our mail codes, so we know why someone was marked that way, which I think we would do either way. However, if you have multiple people who are able to mark records, you'll most likely never have consistent reason notes. That is why adding properties to each screen would be helpful.

• Carolyn Kotlarski commented  · 

I agree with Anonymous as well - trying to managing the "blind" solicit code entries and all the other ways (constituent attributes) that we track "contact" requests is exhausting as is.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I was originally trained in Education Edge and now work in Raiser's Edge. EA has a history tab that shows among other things, the old address and the new address, who changed it and the date. I love this. It is much needed for solicitation codes as some records have codes on them and I have no idea how long the code has been there or why. I am especially confused, when a constituent calls and asks to receive our publication and I look back only to find a solicitation code of DNC. The note idea is nice but people forget to enter the note. Some form of a mandatory note box, change stamp or history tab is much needed.

• rebecca commented  · 

i agree that it should be every field, or top fields. the other day i noticed a constituent record had been marked deceased but all the steps (solicit codes, relationship record change) had not been made; when looking through the record, i was horrified to discover the publication had been changed to deceased, and super concerned that RE had made an automatic update. this was not the case, but as the db administrator, it would be great to track these changes.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Ideally, every field should have a "Who" stamp. If the info is important enough to add to RE, then it should be identified by the user.

• Katherine Popowich commented  · 

I agree 100% with Anonymous I find that I have to constantly track the staff to ensure that changes are made so that we know who it was changed by and why. The properties would be very helpful if it was embedded in multiple places within the database..

• Anonymous commented  · 

Logging throughout the system should be available for free. In many database applications, the ability to track changes is there. Why do we have to look at the properties for specific record, but then on items like attributes, etc, we cannot see who last changed them. Grrr... We also have a process that is supposed to be followed by using a note for each change, but that is not always done. Even if I could just have a pop-up box requiring a user to create a note when changing a record, would be helpful.

• David Zeidman commented  · 

Thank you Melissa and Tomasz for your mention of Audit Trail. Just to clarify Audit Trail Professional does actually track changes made to solicit codes (as well as very many other areas of the record) so it would show you the date specific fields were last updated.

For more information please see our website: https://www.zeidman.info/downloads/audittrail.php

• Melissa Graves commented  · 

Ziedman Development has an Audit Trail product which can track changes to specific fields. There are three levels (free, basic and professional) and none track solicit code but all three versions track Attributes (which is where I track my contact inclusion/exclusion codes - I do not use solicit code).

• Roma commented  · 

Same we find really hard who last updated solicit code etc

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would also be useful to be able to add definitions to the attributes so people can see when and how they are to be used, in situ. Would prevent misuse of attributes by well-meaning non-core users!

• Amanda Barnwell Palmer commented  · 

In fact - there should be a log file that can be pulled in each record to disclose who made any changes at all in a record with a date/time stamp. I can see who set up a record and who made the most recent change - but there are times when I need to see in more detail when and who made a specific change to a record.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base