Raiser's Edge Ideas has moved!

Adding this fiscal year/this calendar year, etc. to all date criteria query/report options.

Somehow this fiscal year/ last fiscal year, this calendar year/last calendar year are not always options in RE in query/reports. Can we make this consistent?

947 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Melissa Graves shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I can't believe how far back this idea goes, but yet has not been implemented. Is this more evidence that maybe the Idea Bank does NOT work? It sure would be interesting to know how decisions are even made because I just don't think the Idea Bank is working out. There are too many duplicate ideas out there and I rarely see any of them addressed. Do we really need to friend up the executives in LinkedIn to get our ideas/problems heard?

• Steve Walsh commented  · 

I, too, asked about this a number of years ago. Very surprised it hasn't been taken care of.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I asked for this about 8 years ago. It is as important if not more important than being able to use calendar year. Organisations report on their fiscal year for the most part.

• Dan commented  · 

This change is critical to our organization.

• Rebekah commented  · 

Yes! This is absolutely necessary.

• E Hall commented  · 

Agree - Also adding GL date and Gift date to all reports including dashboards.

• Brad commented  · 

This is a fundamental feature that really should be supported across the entire product. I am frankly astonished that a professional organization would leave their users struggling with such a deficiency for so long.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please add this fiscal year and last fiscal year to queries.

• Susan Swann commented  · 

It would be beneficial, and eliminate repetitive work at year end.

• Matthew Kopans commented  · 

We should be able to set "Gift Date" to equal "This Fiscal Year" - it's nuts that I have to create a new query every year! Calendar year is almost completely useless for us!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is critical for our support as a customer of Blackbaud. Please prioritize providing FY query and reporting as soon as possible.
        Thank you
        Kathy Moll

• Carl commented  · 

Adding FY to the queries would be ideal for my purposes. The analysis that I need to do would be enhanced significantly with the addition of this filter.

• Bill BoBs commented  · 

its funny that this request was brought up several years ago and we have yet to see anything. This lack of flexibility makes us work several hours extra just to adjust to the calendar year.

• Dorlisa Robinson commented  · 

I put a recommendation years ago to have FY as a criteria. I don't understand why it has not yet been added when it would make such a huge difference to setting up queries and reports that do not have to be constantly maintained. Also, it already exists in some areas of RE so why cannot it be available everywhere?

• Doug commented  · 

I need to do a LYBUNT report on fiscal year. The export module can manage this, but I cannot select my constituents properly because queries don't support fiscal years. Can you please add Fiscal year filters to the queries?

• Doug commented  · 

I also need several years of fiscal year history in my reports. I don't just go to last year, but 3-5 years prior. I do this consistently in my reports (as do many organizations).

← Previous 1

Raiser's Edge Discovery Topics

Feedback and Knowledge Base