Raiser's Edge Ideas has moved!

Move email/phone off addresses [& add 1st class fields for social networking IDs]

1,276 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jenn Mercer shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

108 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fred Spaziani commented  · 

Will the update be available in the sample database, before we have to update the main database?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Is there going to be any information about how the process to update the tables in our databases is going to work and what this might impact?

• Judy Spigarelli commented  · 

I'm excited to see this implemented. I would also like to know what was decided for the final design.

• Kim Hughes commented  · 

How will this affect integration with EE?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Can you explain what happened to the Preferred address Organization name this weekend? Does it have anything to do with upcoming changes to addresses?

I hope the method in which they modify addresses is communicated to users so that any processes and procedures can be reviewed to avoid systemic issues with data.

• Isaac Comer commented  · 

Ok... so we're in Q4 now... I guess 7.94 should be coming out soonish...

• Aline commented  · 

This may be included in this change, but if not, I would like to see a way to query on email address added or updated. If you have to query based on date preferred address was changed, you get any changes you've made to any part of the address and have to go through each record to figure out if you added and email or changed a physical address.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is GREAT news, but can we know more. Is there some kind of information release that happens prior to the software update? There will still be the option to connect contact information with Microsoft Office integration correct?

• Rainelle commented  · 

agree with earlier comments. it would be very helpful to see a screen shot asap.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would actually like to have "Preferred" check box added to phone/email etc. Is it possible to include this in the release???

• Anonymous commented  · 

I only wish it were already implemented! I have many email addresses that I need to update.

• Donna commented  · 

Great news! Is there anyway we can get a screen shot of the proposed new look? I'd like to start thinking about how I can recode existing data (if necessary) and think about future use! Thanks Jenn Mercer and BB staff! :-)

• Judy Spigarelli commented  · 

This is great! Great question Tom Mills; I too would like to know how "first class contact information" is defined and I look forward to learning more about the structure.

• Carolyn Kotlarski commented  · 

any way to see what that will look like - prior to the 4th qtr release?

• Kathryn Hurchla commented  · 

Progress! Thank you Jenn Mercer and all the people it took to make this happen!

• Christine commented  · 

Fantastic! I would like to echo the request to know the structure as soon as possible so that I can make any global changes necessary prior to the launch. Since we're BB hosted, I won't have the option of choosing when we upgrade to the new version, so I'd like to be ready since this will occur during the Year End busy period.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base