Raiser's Edge Discovery Topics

Raiser’s Edge 7 User Voice has moved!

We still want your feedback! Please bookmark the following link to continue sharing your ideas with Blackbaud: https://community.blackbaud.com/products/raisersedge7/ideas

Raiser's Edge Ideas has moved!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1,276 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Implement red check marks for new phone/email,etc. tabs to indicate when information exists in that tab (= B

Implement red check mark for new phone/email, etc. tabs to indicate when information exists in that tab as is done for Bio 1, Bio 2, etc. tabs

417 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone,

Good news, we are planning to release this with version RE 7.95. Thank you for the feedback!

James Menezes
        Product Manager

• Allow Chimpegration be used with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge in a Hosted Environment

Third-party plugins and tools like Zeidman Development's Chimpegration are terrific for self-hosted Raiser's Edge database. Hosted users should be able to take advantage of these external tools as well.

160 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          16 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We are always glad to hear feedback from Raiser’s Edge users. We have heard this concern about third-party and custom plugins in our hosted Raiser’s Edge offering. We are working on compelling near-term and long-term solutions to allow more add-ons in our Hosting offering. We will have more to share at BBCon and in coming weeks!

• Bio 1 Contact Information: 'Email Addresses' as a default

It would be great to be able to choose which tab in constituent record contact information section is shown when the constituent is opened. Some organisations are much more interested to see existing and valid email addresses than phone numbers.

This is something that could be added to the user options.

125 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Add Date Last Changed for Phone and Emails

Now that phones and emails are separated from address, they should ALSO have a date last changed feature. Now, while glad to have phones off of address, finding when a phone or email has been changed is even worse as it is tied to the constituent and not to phones. So previously you "guess" because it was either an address or phone update.

Now, you have no idea if it was a a title change, a birthdate, an address, a middle name, adding in a gift, etc.

89 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Change your policy regarding third party customization in hosting!

With so many organizations now moving to hosting their RE/FE installations (which is great), its a tragedy that your not allowed to use 3rd party plugins.

Blackbaud has some amazing partners such as Ziedman Development, Omatic Software and Beyond Nines it would be awesome to see looking to develop an actual modern environment for blackbaud and create a freakin app marketplace for blackbaud? Something like what Omatic Software has done with App-O-Matic.

Bottom line this post is to encourage them to at least start with allowing 3rd party applications in the hosting environment.

61 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We are always glad to hear feedback from Raiser’s Edge users. We have heard this concern about third-party and custom plugins in our hosted Raiser’s Edge offering. We are working on compelling near-term and long-term solutions to allow most of these add-ons in our Hosting offering. We will have more to share at BBCON and in the coming weeks!

• Add a notes field for each phone number on records

Add a notes section so we can write the date the number was last checked that it was in service, best time to call, names for organizations, anything really you would like to note about each phone number.

35 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Add "Use selected record" to the duplicate search window when called from Relationship menu of the relationship window

When user creates individual record and system finds suspected duplicate(s) there is an option (button) to "Use selected record". When user creates individual relationship RE performs exactly same search but window with results doesn't have the option to use selected record. Users have to close this window and perform manual search anyway which makes the duplicate search kind of useless in this instance. A lot of users just tend to click "Continue with save" creating duplicate records.

20 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)